Monday, March 21, 2011

He snores....

Back then, I always tease my ex-boss cause he snores very loudly. He even can snore while he took naps in the office. Often he will wake up hearing the giggles of my other colleague, and I. Luckily, we sat in a small room that consists only few production staffs.

When we went for short trip to Lumut - we had connecting rooms and there were around 10 of us haring the 2 rooms. We had connecting door opened even when we sleep. He snored like a wild boar, and we can't control our laughs. We even asked him, how his wife managed to put up with his loud snore. What he commented was - she can't sleep without hearing his snoring "orchestra". Well, what I can thought of - I Pity Her!

I had shared rooms with several guys throughout the years on our trips to save cost and I do understand that some guys do snore, but some don't. Some are, occasionally when they are very tired, but the noise level is still within tolerance. What I am hitting on is the noise level of my bBF - when he snores terrifies me. He is REAL LOUD!! I shared with him on the snoring of my ex-boss (and his ex-boss as well), and I told him that this is called Karma. I laughed at him & pitied his wife - and now I have my share too! Arghhh.... The last trip to Phuket really driving me up the wall. Night 1 - OK lah cos I am very tired from the travelling day before. Night 2 - OK, I Tahan.. Night 3 - I was going nuts cause I cannot even sleep. Even when we are not sleeping on the same bed..GOD! I tried to play music loudly from my cell-phone, it now but not later. I have to keep the phone next to my pillow, and pull the sheet over my head. And I still cannot sleep properly. Those few hours were real torturing. I agree that one's snoring grows as they aged. Back to 6 or 5 yrs ago, my friend's husband does not snores like he does now. :-) And the bad news is, I should expect this happen to my BF! Pity Me! Courtesy of Wikipedia, the cause of snoring could be from below :

  • Throat weakness, causing the throat to close during sleep

  • Mispositioned jaw, often cause by tension in the muscles

  • Fat gathering in and around the throat

  • Obstruction in the nasal passageway

  • The tissue at the top of airways touching each other causing vibrations

  • Relaxants such as alcohol or drugs relaxing throat muscles

  • Sleeping on one's back, which may result in the tongue dropping to the back of the mouth

  • Due to enlarges tonsils

The most possible reason why his snores are getting bad could the those cause I had updated in "blue" The laziest & cheapest treatment could either that I think I will get him to consider :



  • Lose weight (always in W.I.P)

  • Stop smoking

  • Sleep on their side (like me)

  • Sleep in another room/ outside (He told me he will do)

  • Get a new bF (My proposal) :-)

No comments: